Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year!!

I'm baaaack ;)
Excited to live in this fresh new year! All the kids are growing and doing so well, we have added a baby girl since my last post. Audrey is 10 months old (almost) and sweet as pie <3
We are still homeschooling, Hailey is in the 6th and Ava in the 1st.
I am going to try something different here. We have recently discovered that our family has some allergies/intolerances. Dairy, Gluten and Pork being the top three.We are planning to avoid these, and hopefully preservatives and refined sugar in the far future..lol.
I'm gonna try to come to this space and post menu plans, recipes, thoughts and ideas I have regarding our new "diet"
So, for our New Year's Day dinner, I usually make, ham, black eyed peas and turnip greens with cornbread. Tonight, however, we had garlic chicken, cabbage and baked sweet potatoes. It was gf and df and delicious! Who cares that we skipped the pork and peas?! They've never made us rich anyway...;)

No comments: